Thursday, March 22, 2012

UnExplained crashes

I have had several crashes where the only commonality I can pick is that they are older jobs which when I re-open after the crash I find that they had some errors when I run audit. Today I opened I job I created from scratch in dec last year. I had not worked on it since early january, I did some listing of points, adding one line and editing text, operations which I have successfully without problems. After editing one piece of text the program just closed, instantly, no error warnings no delays just like a mouse click it was gone. When I reopened I found it had 30 errors with audit.

I must now remember to run audit before using any existing jobs.

4 comments:

  1. I have now just installed the latest patch, so will reserve my comments for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of freeze ups with 7.1 during all kinds of different functions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now onto patch 120322 and still getting complete drop outs without error messages, the program just disappears off the screen like with a click of the mouse. I cannot pin it down to one common event.

    My first suspects are that they are jobs which are about 6 months old and could have problems from earlier versions. I am always running Audit. The most recent occurred whilst I am working in a layout tab and that could be the common link. Several functions do not respond well in Layout tabs. This is very frustrating, as going back into model space I have all layers turned on and isolating and resetting layers to the arrangement in my layout tab is tedious without a simple save layer configuration in place.

    The other problem could be in the crd file, I have had older files come up with .000 for the Z value rather than 0.0. and when I edit the crd file it can be very slow to save. That seems to me, to be a file validation issue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Col, please let me know if this problem persists after update. I suspect the crd file may be a factor, but problems are elsewhere.
    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.