Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Project Folder

The fault in the project folder system is causing problems in a number of areas. This was an occasional problem in earlier version but now it causing constant problems in a lot of different areas. Today, when I ran F2F, a linetype template (kerb,which I use in 90% of my detail surveys ) was incorrect because it was not finding the correct folder.
In the same job I checked to see the project folder was correct when I started the job, then after doing several F2F and some other simple functions, I returned to the project folder setup to find it had changed the folder again.
In my project folder I have several folders, field,xref,drawing etc. The project folder keeps defaulting back to the \project folder\drawings folder rather than\Project folder.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ColC,

    I have not had as many problems as of late but I have been working within the same set of a couple of projects for a while.

    Just curious, what do you have the "Use Data Folder for Settings" toggle set to? I used to have that toggle off and I think there were a lot more problems then.

    Regards,

    Greg

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Use Data Folder for Settings set to off and I have nominated a folder for my settings. In earlier days I tried selecting UDFFS but I was not happy with that arrangement. If my memory serves correctly I was not accessing my F2F annot etc defaults.

    I have been using the current setup for about 2-3 yrs with only some minor hiccups.

    Thanks for your input.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.