Monday, November 4, 2013

3D graphics adaptors...

I am currently considering replacing my desktop workstation. On that note, is there any advantage to a professional 3D card versus a good consumer card when using the Intellicad based products?

Any tips or advice appreciated...

6 comments:

  1. Greg, I think, in general, the more powerful card you have - the better, but it's hard to say how much better it will be. IntelliCAD doesn't use any modern video card features (for proper support of older and simpler video cards), but, for example, large video memory will be definitely useful for working with a lot/large image files.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not want to over do it though - powerful gaming cards can run hundreds and would eat a lot of power too. I would say if it costs more than $100 you are probably getting too much of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm... best to not use the "Back" button :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.