I tried to re-created my listed problems below today. I could not make them happen but my tools bars reset them selves. I then re-placed my tool bars and loaded the latest patch and restarted my PC. All my toolbars stayed and I cannot duplicate my previous problems.
- Text edit it painfully slow to open
- Having problems changing text size
- I have to do a regen after everything thing I move, copy or rotate. The program doesn’t seem to do it on its own.
- Double clicking or right click and get the properties box to open is very slow.
- Doesn’t seem to like to delete layers in the layer manager. I can be deleting just fine and then it randomly crashes in the middle of it.
Mandy,
ReplyDeleteThank you for re-testing this with newest build.
We definitely see problems with zoom and pan when large number of text entities are present in the drawing. We are currently implementing the prototype solution and will know soon how effective this fix is going to be.
Please keep me posted if any other problems show up again.
Thank you,
Leonid
These are issues we have experienced also, The newest build appears to handle some of these better.
ReplyDeleteIf I try to draw in paper space in an older drawing everything is deleted that was in the paper space. I can undo to get it back but that is the only way I have found so far.
ReplyDeleteMy line weights do not show up in older drawings in my paper space or when I print but they do in a new drawing.
I can double click an object to bring up the properties box in model space but not paper space in a new/old drawing.
Mandy,
ReplyDeletePlease email me a sample of the "old" drawing.
It seems the data loss in paperspace is a very critical issue.
Thank you,
Leonid
I find if you zoom in close on a sheet of text in paper space everything is pixelated till a regen command. It seems the whole drawing is regen'd (taking a very long time) allowing other parts of the drawing to be zoomed-in on without pixelation.
ReplyDeleteBuild 111130
ReplyDeleteSmall issue with Tables. When i select Edit Table Properties and make changes and then save the change the save to my lct file, the file location screen will not respond until I click the Edit Properties screen in the background. I was able to change field heading OK but the Line Table Title change would not update. the lct file was saved ok bu the screen table did not change
I suspect my problem with the file location screen not responding could be related to the fact I am running two screens. The same problem occurred with another pop up screen.
ReplyDeleteAnother small issue with Line Tables. I set up a line table and nominated the lines by points. The table did not always reflect the direction of the line based on the order of points entered. In 10 lines 4 out of the 10 had the direction opposite to that which I required.
ReplyDeleteI am unable to get my customised symbols to appear on screen. They are in my symbol library and they appear in the d&S\car..\icad7\sup directory.
ReplyDeleteJust had the prog drop out, no crash report, just disappeared off the screen. I had just used survey text offsets, moved some of the text on the screen, then was in the process of going to a layout tab when it went walkabout.
ReplyDeleteThe move command is irritating, in that the text moves on screen when selected but it is not in the position where the cursor is located so text can't be lined up with drawing.
Todays List of problems
ReplyDeleteThree crashes without any apparent common link. Two were prolonged hangs which required Ctrl Alt Del. The last just disappeared off the screen. I was in the process of deleting information off the screen from an older job created with 2011. No crash reports for any crash.
Properties Pop Up is slow most of the time. But has responded instantly on some occasions. Unable to fix a common link
When using the right click menu, on some occasions I have to hold the right button down to be able to select the functions on the pull down menu.
Crash No.4
ReplyDeleteNo warning, in the midst of editing text. Editing and moving text is slow and difficult mouse does not respond well. Often several clicks are required to move out in and out of paper/model space.
Back to 2011 until next patch comes along
Everyone,
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your reports to this thread. We posted the new build, so lets close this topic. We will continue communicating with you directly to troubleshoot what remains open.
The problem with double-click in paperspace for Entprop is fixed for the next build now (not yet in 111214 build).
ReplyDeleteLeonid, the double click in paperspace isn't working in build 120113 either by the way.
ReplyDeleteSteve, could you get some specific instructions please? The fix we did seems to be holding, so we probably are looking at something else.
Delete