This build has been long in coming. There are so many fixes gone into this build that it is hard to enumerate them, so I will not list specific fixes. Particular areas of focus have been stability, performance, issues with graphics cards and printers, and drawing compatibility problems. We have been in touch with many of you and the improvements we hope you will see in this build is a direct result of your cooperation.
I have kept the previous patch available on the blog in case if you find it necessary to revert this update. If you find it to be the case, please let me know so we can fix the issue.
Thank you for your contributions and patience,
Leonid
Initially I found the update was very good. I had 2-3 days without a crash or glitch of any sought(the first in two years). But then something struck and I have been plagued with problems ever since.
ReplyDeleteI have had flash drop outs( no error warning, no crash report just disappearing off the screen), plotting problems with new and old jobs.
Interested to know of any other users having problems. I have made several efforts to remove any problems at my end like re-installing windows and trying different graphics cards. All to no avail.
The plotting is an issue I can confirm.
ReplyDeleteAlso the parallel snap isn't working for me.
Clipboard copy in the paperspace from one drawing to another didn't work.
So in frustration I went back to the old (and slow) workstation with CarlsonSurvey2008 and both worked fine.
Spelling still an issue.
I was trying plotting yesterday and my A0 sheet kept resetting to letter. I usually do not plot with Carlson so I don't know if this is new behaviour.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteParallel snap problem is confirmed, will be looking at it.
We also had couple of users having problem with OPEN, RECOVER or ATTACH not being able to actually select the drawing file. If this affects you, please type AUTOCOMPLETEMODE and set it to 0.
Could you please detail problems with printing?
Selection of problems
ReplyDelete1 Sometimes when restarting after a crash, the loading stopswhen reaing the doc& settings folder
2. Using Edit Multiple Point Edits, after making my choice of changes and clicking OK, the program disappears of the screen in flash.
3. Using Page Setup Manager it is difficult to retaining the settings that are selected. If you go into the printer properties I have to make sure I save the particular properties configuration as my last step, then return to the page setup manager and save that without making any changes otherwise I have to go back to the printer properties to recall the printing settings. Then when I select the plot option I must select the configuration from the page setup manager. Even if it appears to be pointing at my setting, I must select an alternative then reselect. So any minor changes to a printing setup are likely to fall over.
4.Retaining the settings going from on screen to another often causes settings in the screen you temporarily leave to be reset to earlier settings, not settings which you have made prior to leaving the screen. This is common problem it a lot of the screen options throughout the program
5.Then sometimes when I select print it will just hang.
That's all folks !
I am heading for Christmas break now. Two weeks of computer free brain space. Lots of surfing, sailing and sipping an occasional ale.
To everyone, have a happy Christmas with family and friends.
Previous build I could print draft prints. This build I can't. I tried and agree with CoIC. No big deal (to me) I just print from 'real' version that is all setup for printing. Not going to setup printing until out of beta.
ReplyDelete121213 is a great improvement. I completed my first plat using Intellicad 7.x from start to plotting.
ReplyDeleteStill will not plot text in a circular array if inserted as a block (Surveyor seal). I found that I can explode the block and it plots fine.
Also, the text default settings are ignored for adjoiner text. Have to manually select the font style.
We appreciate all your efforts.
Ken, Please see if these issues persist with the latest build and if they do, please email me the drawing.
DeleteWhen the program freezes I have to use the task manager to shut it down, now that happened with previous versions also and never was a huge problem. But now after forcing shut down it will always hang when loading software settings, the only way to start up the program again is to restart the computer.
ReplyDeletePlease see if the update we just posted and updating graphics drive help with hanging up.
Delete