Saturday, March 24, 2012

Slow regens & unattached image issues

I'm using a drawing that I have been using on all the prior 7.1 builds and find this one to be the slowest for zooms. I was not able to open the file until I removed all images in AutoCAD and reopen in ICAD. In 6.6 the drawing loads fast and zooms as well as AutoCAD. It took about a minute to change the pdmode variable to 2......

3 comments:

  1. Pat, are you saying the zoom got significantly slower in last update?

    Is there anything unusual besides images in this drawing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As hard as it is to believe, yes. The drawing size is around 15 megs and takes forever (OK going on 5 minutes and counting...) to change from a paper space tab to model spaces. ACADlt2010 handles the drawing fine.

      Delete
  2. After 30 minutes I closed it out and restarted. This time it went from paper to model space in less than a minute - comparable to ACAD. The message of how much memory was needed to switch to model space was 684 megs. I tried zooming in and out and it works fine for the first few times then the wait icon comes on while the resource monitor shows more memory committed to icad.exe. Once the memory goes back to what it had been before the wait icon the program will zoom in and out again.

    I have no idea why the program works well one time and not the next.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.