Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Speaking of speed...

There are occasions when the Layer Isolate and Restore run very slow for me. Seems to be much worse after having worked for a while. It can get to a point when I see the crosshair blink for each iteration and the operation requires 10 seconds or more to complete. Same drawing with the same layers later after the software was recently restarted completes in a fraction of the time.

The import from CG-DOS has been soooooooo slow... it seems to grow exponentially slower as the size of the CG-DOS file complexity increases. This behaviour is new to the Intellicad 7.* versions. I have reported this previously but I don't recall receiving a response. If the test files are required again let me know.

Now speaking of CG-DOS imports, there is no CG data attached to the lines created, i.e. the lines do not indicate which points they connect. I really wish this would work.

Version:
Carlson Civil Suite 2012 (120219)
Intellicad 7.1.1604.50725.P
Win XP Pro SP3

1 comment:

  1. now that you mention it, you are correct, I notice this as well. By opening and restarting a couple of times a day helps, but this needs looked at as well.

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.