1) Slow performance seems to be related to display: mousing over entities (which dash nicely) and particularly with large aerial photographs, is jerky. I'd estimate 20% productivity loss while waiting for, for example, Esnap to notice it is near an End. Graphics spec below, quad Xeon a few months old, 12 GB ram, SSD.
2) Is 64-bit a possibility someday? I know I'd contribute!
3) Adobe Acrobat since 8.0 Pro has preserved layers in PDF's plotted from autoCAD, and the "DWG to PDF" driver included in autoCAD has the same feature. My clients love it. Is this a feature on the horizon, or is there some kludge out there to trick Acrobat Pro X into thinking its recieving input from the "Empire" ?
| Display adapter type | ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series | |
| Total available graphics memory | 6905 MB | |
| Dedicated graphics memory | 1024 MB | |
| Dedicated system memory | 0 MB | |
| Shared system memory | 5881 MB | |
| Display adapter driver version | 8.850.0.0 | |
| Primary monitor resolution | 1680x1050 | |
| Secondary monitor resolution | 1680x1050 | |
| DirectX version | DirectX 10 |
1) Carlson and IntelliCAD/AutoCAD currently unfortunately still using a single processor/core at the time. The selection preview which you like is also adding to jerkiness - so if need be you can turn it off by setting SELECTIONPREVIEW to 0. More improvements are coming, but at this point it will be safer to include them in Carlson 2013/IntelliCAD 7.2 which will be available to beta users soon.
ReplyDelete2) IntelliCAD 7.2 already has most of the features running on 64bit. I am not sure we will have 64bit IntelliCAD this round, but overall, it is definitely not far fetched.
3) This sounds like an interesting feature, I will check with IntelliCAD's printer guy. IntelliCAD currently has Export to PDF which is rather weak and people use PDF drivers as printers. This is one where it would be good to get going, if possible.
Thank you! I'll continue reviewing and try SELECTIONPREVIEW setting.
ReplyDelete