Thursday, February 16, 2012

Layout PDF Printing

I have a couple of issues. One of which may be an actual Carlson Hydrology 2012 issue but the other is definitely ICAD. First, the draw sewer network routine is taking about 10 mins to fully execute, from initially picking the command to selecting manhole label locations in paper space. It seems that the routine is only one processor instead of distributing across all 4 (or 2).
Once the the plan and profile are FINALLY drawn in the layout, when I try to plot to PDF evrything shows up in the preview except the actual sewer network plan view (pipes, labels, and symbols). Everything else is there, Profile and labels, title block, and any other plan view entities just not the sewer network entities.
Until there is a solution I've been copying the network entities from model space and pasting and rotating them in the layout view, overlaying them on the viewport entites that won't print.
Also, while in the layout view, the freeze/thaw layers routine causes the software to crash.

I am using ICAD 7.1 build 120213

1 comment:

  1. Steve, your observation about one processor is correct - this is still how we operate, including IntelliCAD and AutoCAD. We hope we we will cross this bridge in near future.

    Could you send us a drawing to see the layout hydrology problem though, please?

    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.