Sunday, February 5, 2012

editing/saving/Plotting Sewer Profiles

There is a significant bug when using edit profiles and plot profiles when the profile is sewer. The Edit profiles will not save the sewer profile so step ups and Manhole Id's etc are lost. Understandable if they are not saved then they will not plot or update. I have sent several feedback emails on the topic.

8 comments:

  1. Which version of Carlson Hydrology are you running? Starting in Carlson 2012, any changes by Input-Edit profiles will be saved in both of the sewer profile file and sewer network file. Before 2012, the changes by Input-Edit profiles can only be saved in the sewer profile file, and when you draw sewer profile again from the sewer network file, all changes would be gone.

    Thanks,
    Shan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not running C Hydrology, I was just in Civil.I am running it with the latest patch. If I go back to 2011 it works OK.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shan,

    Are you saying edit/Plot sewer profiles are no longer available in 2012 Civil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This problem has not been resolved I am now using 110909 and I cannot save sewer profile files. I don't have a a license to Hydrology. With Civil I can create sewer profile files. I can view them as text files with notepad and they appear as a sewer file but the edit profiles always resets them to Generic files and the sewer data cannot be viewed.

    This is totally unsatisfactory.!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I managed a patch up so I can continue working. If I edit the sewer.pro file in notepad and insert the 0,0,-1(I found this was the difference between a working and not working profile file) the it is recognised as a Sewer profile. That should not be too hard for a programmer to fix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot replicate the problem. Which command did you use to create the sewer profile? Did you run command Profiles->Draw Profile to plot the profile and command Profiles->Input-Edit Profile File to edit the sewer profile?

      Thanks,
      Shan

      Delete
    2. Shan

      This is file which I could not get to save in Input edit proflie to later view as a sewer profile .
      -25.0000,32.2950,0.0000|0.0000|0.0000,0.0000|0.0000,,,
      0.0000,39.5200,0.9500|0.0000|0.0000,150.0000|0.0000,,,
      18.4500,43.9410,0.0000|0.0000|0.0000,150.0000|0.0000,,,
      35.1300,48.0726,0.0000|0.0000|0.0000,150.0000|0.0000,,,
      46.1100,50.7924,0.0000|0.0000|0.0000,150.0000|0.0000,,,
      Line 1
      Line 1

      If I replace the last two lines with 0,0,3 or similar it then will save as a sewer line.
      Initially the pro file was created from the surface model then opened in I-E-P then changed to a sewer profile and saved. When it was re-opened it defaulted back to generic.

      I have since upgraded to the latest patch. I have not tested this routine as yet in the latest patch.

      Delete
    3. We fixed this bug in both 2012 and 2013.

      Thank you,
      Shan

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.