Thursday, February 23, 2012

Google Earth...

I am not sure if this belongs in the Intellicad beta blog but since there was already discussion previously I will add it here.

Version Info:
Google Earth 6.1.0.5001
Intellicad 7.1.1604.50725.P
Carlson Civil Suite 2012 (120219)
Windows XP Pro SP3

I wanted to import two images from Google Earth into the same drawing this morning. The first imported with no real problem, but Carlson closes Google Earth once the image is loaded. I restarted Google Earth and selected menu Images | Place Google Earth Image and Intellicad hung before the dialog appeared.

Okay, for the second attemp I imported the first image, saved dwg, exited Intellicad and restarted both Google Earth and Carlson Intellicad. The second imported fine also.

I experimented a little with this and it seems rather random. A couple of time I was able to import up to four images before a problem. Sometimes Intellicad hangs as soon as the menu command is started but before the dialog is displayed and must be terminated. Other times Intellicad crashes completely and the process is gone.

Either way, there is still a gremlin running around in there...

1 comment:

  1. Greg,
    I have notified the developer and we will look into this.

    I wonder if you get same "no dialog" problem with DGN import?

    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.