Sunday, April 22, 2012

Printing issues

I cannot get the print function to behave correctly. I have used two different printers drivers, one a plotter and the other a pdf document converter. With the plotter it will not recognised the plotters ability to send to a image program so as the sheets can be arranged for plotting, and the document converter just cannot get an image. If I go back to ver 6.6 I plot without a problem. The plotter is a Canon IPF750 and the document converter is Universal Document Converter.

2 comments:

  1. Must be a setting on my computer. I have successfully printed to CutePdfWriter on my home version and produced a file. Any clues where I should look?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have re-installed 2012 from the full package and the n upgraded with the latest patch and that has rectified my problem.

    I uncovered another small problem. Not long after running the new installation I had one of those crashes where the program just disappears off the screen at the click of a mouse. I was simply editing text at the time. When I restarted I found that the setting for Entity Selection , Pre Pick had been turned off. I have had this occur previously although the timing of when the turn off occurred I was not aware of. The Pre Pick changes the behaviour of the right click operations and select entities very significantly. It is easy to correct when you realise what function has been changed.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.