In two different computers we have experience crashes without any identifiable common operation. On both occasions some basic editing was been done. Drawing lines and snapping to end point etc., which are used all the time without problems. A possible issue could be both computers are set up with dual monitors. I think this could be the cause of the need to click on a a previous screen to make a pop up screen active mentioned in my previous blog.
It could also be related to symbols. I have had trouble with some symbols and the second computer some work had just been completed installing the symbols.
Another unidentifiable lock up. I had the job open for about 1 hr. In that time i had mainly been inquiring with inverse or Drawing Inspector and had drawn a couple of lines. It went into a continous loop when I was selecting a point for inverse. Prior to that I had joined two entities to form a line. No other programs were running in the background. Culprit could be the crd file, the graphics or just that evasive gremlin
ReplyDeleteSimilar lock up. I had constructed a line of Best fit using averages and I was in the process of checking some offsets to the line after about the third inverse it went into a long loop.
ReplyDeleteWhen I re-started and open the job I ran audit and got the following result
ReplyDeleteCommand: _audit
Fix any errors detected? [Yes/No] :
AcDbAttributeDefinition(43FA), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
AcDbAttributeDefinition(43FB), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
AcDbAttributeDefinition(43FC), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
AcDbAttribute(4400), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
AcDbAttribute(4401), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
AcDbAttribute(4402), MaterialId (58E0), Validation: , Default value is: < Set to ByLayer>.
2853 objects audited
D:\Carlson\Newcastle\Drawings\8493_mga.dwg
Same lock up. I had just run a raw data editor Traverse, saved the points and then moved around the screen snapped to a point(end of line) after selecting Inverse. The thinking icon comes up an if Esc or right click is used then the loop stars.
ReplyDeleteCol,
ReplyDeleteI think there are several separate issues going on. One common thread for several problems (not necessarily in your case or even on the blog) is that the process memory is being run down. It could be a leak or unwise use of memory by the engine, but we need to identify it.
Thank you,
Leonid