Friday, December 30, 2011

Offset...

Intellicad : 7.1.1206.49033.P.Alpha

Hmmm... the offset command does not seem to work as well as in Intellicad 6.6 for the couple of test I have done. I wonder if others have had better luck with it.


Intellicad 7.1:

















Intellicad 6.6:

4 comments:

  1. Greg,
    I was actually under impression 7.1 offset worked better - we had plenty examples which did not work in 6.6, but work in 7. That said, you clearly have a failing one, could you email me the drawing, please?
    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment may be better suited as a new comment since it pertains to the latest build (1/13/12). Catching up on the blog posts, I tried offsetting a pline just to see how 7.1 works compared to 6.6 and AutoCAD. Having much use for the offset command, I have noticed it doesn't always work the way it should in both ICAD and ACAD. That being said, I noticed some plines will offset if clicked at one end and not at the other. When clicked on the end that doesn't work, the command ends and hitting the space bar retrieves the command that was prior to the offset command.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat,
    Thank you for the comment. Could you clarify where do things stand in your comparison?

    In my view Autocad's offset was far from reliable for years, but last few versions have been fairly solid.

    Intellicad 6.6 would fail on many polylines, but 7.1 is working on large portion of these.

    Does this match your observations?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.