When the user selects an entity and changes the layer using the layer drop down control on the properties panel the application does not update the layer in the control on the entity properties toolbar.
When an entity is selected and the user opens the layer list from the properties panel and trying to use type-ahead auto-completion, when a key is hit the control closes and the entity layer is changed to the first layer matching the character types. For example, if there are layer DECK, DRVY, and DTCH and a D is pressed the layer is changed to DECK.
My preferred action would have the control stay open and continue completion so if the user pressed D and R the control should have DRVY highlighted. The control should not close until a mouse click, enter or escape key is pressed. If the escape key is pressed or the mouse click is not within the layer drop down control the entity layer should not change.
The layer, colour, and linetype controls on the Entity Propoerties toolbar do not close when the escape key is pressed. It would be nice if they did.
I understand this is a beta application but thought I would point out it does seem to have stability issues when working for longer periods of time. Sometime an unrepeatable crash other times just unclean shutdown.
There does seem to be much improvement over when I first took looks at the v7.0.
I have been experiencing the un-repeatable shut downs. It has occurred to me that is more time related. I was having lock downs after about two hours. I think that is possibly a memory issue because it has been occurring during a very common operation which I had been previously doing no problems.
ReplyDeleteCol: Could you be specific about very common operation, please? It sounds like there is a memory leak in the routine you are running.
ReplyDeleteGreg: Thank you for comments, I asked ITC QA to review it.
Leonid, my posting under general Editing are the ones I was refering to. I was just re-inforcing GS's last comment of "stability issues when working for longer periods of time".
ReplyDeleteJust yesterday I found an issue in my own computer which may have accounted for the most recent un accountable crashes. My C-Drive was low on memory. I have rectified that problem. But that could have accounted for must recent unexplained crashes.
I will keep you posted if the crashes still occur.