Thursday, January 26, 2012

New build posted (120126)

I was hoping when we did the last build it would be a great step forward, however several things did not go well and it was a mixed bag at best. The display fixes which stirred up lots of commotion have been pulled back and will come later. Other bugs have been fixed in meantime and listed below. 

We are hoping that we are now down to the wire and this should be considered a release candidate build. 
Changes in 120126 build:
a) Rendering of already displayed layouts should be much faster on switching
b) Several causes of crashes are fixed (thank you for submitting these crash reports!)
c) Major speed improvement with autoregen when text needs to be re-rendered. This was happening too frequently before
d) Fix for the COPY command "ghosting" at large coordinates
e) Printing of images is fixed
f) Display changes from the last build have been temprarily removed until known issues have been addressed
g) Crosshairs freezing problem is addressed
h) Blank print preview in certain drawings is fixed
i) Slow Draw Sections command is fixed
j) ENTPROP dialog will now recall it position
k) Performance increase on the drawings with lots of polylines or polylines with width
l) Explorer window to restore position properly when second screen is not available
m) DTEXT command to work properly with white background

5 comments:

  1. Leonid, what should we have DISPDEBUGINFO set to with this update?

    What are the legal values for this setting and what do they mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greg, Everyone,
    The variable does not have fixed meaning and is used to control work in progress at the particular point.

    Last time, the value of DISPDEBUGINFO=2 was used to reenable old display behavior since new changes introduced too many problems.

    The new display changes are backed out now and I hope we do not need to use this variable ever again. We coded our start up routine to restore value of 0 (which first time results in oddities since you started with value of 2).

    Hope this answers your question.

    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is starting to look like the real deal. Most of my recent posts seem to have been rectified. I still have a problem with Project /Drawing Explorer (not reported on this blog site).
    Now that I able to operate "uniterupted" there are some small issues which I have noticed and require attention.

    In Translate Points, the shift by a vector (bearing & dist) does not work for AZ, I have to select the correct quadrant (which is a bit 19th Century stuff).

    I still have to regenerate at times when the point attributes do not appear.

    In Intellicad Explorer there are a lot of groups generated. I have not yet tried to use the group function but I find I have about 1500 groups generated with *A1...names.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spoke a bit too soon.Crashes Have gone completely. I had left my computer running for a short while and then closed the program. When it closed an error message popped up and then the crash report. I had similar occurrences in the last few days. I think they related to the Project Explorer issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Col:

    I fixed crash in Project Explorer/exit today.

    Groups in IntelliCAD explorer are anonymous groups - like if you grouping point entities for example. I am not sure it is great idea to list them.

    Thank you,
    Leonid

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.