The purpose of this forum is to create the communication channel between developers of Carlson with IntelliCAD engine and the end-users.
Monday, January 16, 2012
Latest Patch
The latest patch has my entire Carlson system running slow. Besides that documents that printed fine on Friday (before the patch install) are now showing up as blank in my print preview screen.
Concerning the latest patch - I was just dropping you a note to let you know that drawings with images are severely slowed down. I had a 2.5 MB color image for a background that I needed to rotate to match the survey, and it was pain-stakingly slow to rotate. I then created about 100 acres worth of existing contours and about 50 acres of proposed one foot interval contours (both live in the same drawing), and the drawing crashed 3 times in a row in just zooming in and out to look at different areas. I unloaded the image, and it no longer crashed. Total drawing size without the image is 4.5 MB, most of it contours and contour labels.
Chris,
ReplyDeleteWhat version did you run before the patch?
Both last path (12/14) and this one have problem with printing many drawings with images. This is being looked at - it was noticed too late.
As for running slower it is interesting as there have been lots of performance improvements.
Could you email me the drawing, please?
Thank you,
Leonid
Leonid,
ReplyDeleteConcerning the latest patch - I was just dropping you a note to let you know that drawings with images are severely slowed down. I had a 2.5 MB color image for a background that I needed to rotate to match the survey, and it was pain-stakingly slow to rotate. I then created about 100 acres worth of existing contours and about 50 acres of proposed one foot interval contours (both live in the same drawing), and the drawing crashed 3 times in a row in just zooming in and out to look at different areas. I unloaded the image, and it no longer crashed. Total drawing size without the image is 4.5 MB, most of it contours and contour labels.
Thanks,
Steve
Steve, Chris,
ReplyDeleteCould you confirm please if these problems have been fixed by last update?
Thank you,
Leonid