I am having some issues with the Roads package.
1.setting up a median strip in Road templates is problematic. As for many other functions the help manual could be a bit clearer. The setup relies on a grade point in and out. Without knowing what order the program is calculating the grades this a little beyond my ageing brain.
2. When a median strip is selected, the subgrade does not extend to point selected in the subgrade such as edgeconc. It does not add the width of the median strip.
3. If a median profile is setup in can be saved, but then if you set one profile for the left hand side and then one for the right the editor appears to save the last one created for both sides. I would like to mirror one profile, but the grade in / grade out throws that a muck.
4. I have several instances of the program going into infinite loop when I have been moving between Road Network and the model space
5. i have to submit this plan next week so it would be good if the issues were sorted.
The help states
ReplyDeleteThese Grade In and Grade Out points emanate from the starting or "from" position in the coordinate dialog where they are specified. Since a single median must be placed on the left or right side (and is typically not used symmetrically with right side same as left), you will need to offset the template centerline one-half the median width within the command Process Road Design in order to center the median. You will also have to move the "C/L" designation, to obtain centering, when using Draw Typical Template
And the follwoing example given is contary to the above
single median must be placed on the left or right side (and is typically not used symmetrically with right side same as left)
And the example appears to be right hand side and the Right same as Left is ticked.
When I copy the example I don't get a symmetric median. And you can't save a right hand side and a left hand sight although there is an option to save. it seems to default to the last median you created.
When I have that mastered I will try and tackle those adjustment factors. I think I know what should be doing but it is as clear as mud in the manual!