Today I received a PDF image of an Architectural Foundation Plan [I am not going to receive an electronic DXF/DWG of it :(]
What I do is take my calculator and write out the decimal equivalent of the architectural number on the foundation plan.
Examples 4'10"/19'6"
I would write out 4.833'/19.5'
Why???
I'm suprised when I called into Carlson tech support that entering distances in Architectural speak isn't supported yet. Brian @ Carlson suggested I post the question in this blog and maybe if their is enough response it'll be programmed or explained why. Brian wasn't really able to explain to my satisfaction why.
Is it really that hard to program?
Maybe it's that we surveyors haven't asked for it enough (or am I the only guy not getting the electronic drawings?)
Just some thoughts. What do the rest of you reading this blog think?
Currently I use a set of lisp functions to convert units and call them transparently from within running commands. Similar to using 'CL or 'BBPT transparent point commands.
ReplyDeleteSomething of that nature, either as a set of functions or a single unit conversion function with options would be a nice addition for all to have I think. If a single conversion command were offered it should remember the previous choice.
A side note: It would be nice if the transparent point by station / offset ('CL) defaulted to the previously selected centreline file :-)
Regards,
Greg