Tuesday, January 22, 2013

New Carlson 2013/IntelliCAD 7.2 (130120) build is posted

Everyone,

Couple of new problems have been identified and fixed over the last build, so we are posting an update again:

IntelliCAD Consortium has released version 7.2a update with over 700 fixes and improvements since initial 7.2 release. Carlson has updated our build to include this release. Several of the recently added changes include:

-- Fixes for the deadlocks related to the message dialogs
-- Ability to open 2013 .dwg files by converting them on the fly to 2010 .dwg format.
-- Fix for slowness related to scrollbars
-- Snapping fixes
-- Point drawing is greatly speed up, including field-to-finish
-- Fix for PEDIT, edit vertex
-- Fix for open dialog problems
-- Stability fixes to improve plot preview and printing
-- Wipeout frame printing is fixed
-- Dotted linetypes now display correctly

Please download the build using the links in the upper right corner.

I have kept the previous patch available on the blog in case if you find it necessary to revert this update. If you find it to be the case, please let me know so we can fix the issue.

Additionally, in our support we have identified several issues affecting graphics performance and documented them here:
http://www.carlsonsw.com/support/knowledge-base/?action=display_topic&topic_id=865
in particular the outdated graphics driver can lead to significant problems for IntelliCAD use.
In case if you have trouble figuring the card model and finding the driver, this tool can be used to locate it automatically:
https://www.slimwareutilities.com/slimdrivers.php

Thank you for your contributions and patience,
Leonid

3 comments:

  1. Latest patch is reaching the light at the end of a very long tunnel.
    The stability has improved significantly. I have have yet to test all areas of the program, but my day to day usage has vastly improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still get hangs usually when opening drawings. The program will stop when loading user files. I can minimize drawings but not close them. I can still give commands by choosing them from the drop down menu and change layer properties but the model screen is frozen.
    I have to kill the program using the Task Manager but after that the program will always hang when starting unless I restart the computer.

    Is this a known issue or am I the only one?

    I have used slimdriver to update my video card so that should not be a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bjorn,
      Are you keeping the Properties window open and docked on the side? Could you see if you close it and restart IntelliCAD, if problem would go away? Some user have reported this and the problem appears to be fixed, but we have not made this build public yet.
      Thank you,
      Leonid

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.